Seesaw is an APPIC member and we provide training and supervision to early career psychologists. Our post-doctoral fellowship is in child and family clinical psychology.
We work with Postdoctoral Fellows (PhD/PsyD) who are committed to working with children, adolescents, college students, parents, and families. Our training program refines clinician skills in evaluation and treatment with multicultural families.
Primary Clinical Activities:
- Provide evidence-based interventions: Seesaw clinicians provide therapy and consultation for children, adolescents, and adults using CBT, DBT, ACT, social skills training, mindfulness/MBSR, parent education, and school consultation. We offer individual, group therapy, family and couples therapy, and social emotional classes and playgroups. Our treatment approach is skills-based, goal-oriented, and brief.
- Conduct evaluation services with children, adolescents, and college students We provide brief and comprehensive assessments to address a broad of referral questions: Autism Spectrum, ADHD, Learning Disorder/Dyslexia, Anxiety or Mood Disorders, Intellectual Disability, and Gifted or Twice Exceptional/2e.
Candidates have completed their doctoral training from a university clinical science or scientist-practitioner training program (PhD/PsyD) in Clinical or School Psychology with a breadth of training in evaluation and treatment.
Fellows have 2-5 years of previous experience conducting neurodevelopmental, neuropsychological, psycho-diagnostic, evaluation, early child assessment, and evidence-based treatment therapies (i.e., CBT, DBT, SEL). Clinical experience working with children, adolescents, and adults is required.
Fellows must have training and interest in providing both evaluation and treatment services.
Please share with us:
- Why Seesaw? What is most attractive to you about developing with us?
- Please describe your therapy training experiences?
- Are you able to work in both clinics (San Francisco and Burlingame)?
- Are you a Mac user? Would you consider yourself tech-savvy?
- Which language(s) do you speak?
- Please share any specialties and training interests?
Please submit the following application materials to the Clinic Director at email@example.com
- Sample assessment report (de-identified)
- Sample treatment summary and/or therapy progress notes (de-identified)
- Two professional references
- Two letters of recommendation
- List of test measures you are most familiar with.
Our postdoctoral fellowship position is part-time, 20 hours a week. A competitive stipend and tailored benefits are offered.
Please view our Postdoctoral Fellowship Handbook.