Clinic Practicum Trainee
Our Clinical Psychology Practicum experience is designed for highly motivated undergraduate students who are studying psychology at university and/or in the process of applying to graduate school.
We offer practicum training to students at our San Francisco and Peninsula clinics.
The commitment is 5-10 hours per week for 9-12 months. Our practicum trainees engage in a variety of activities to understand our work, service delivery, and see how a private outpatient pediatric clinic operates. Trainees observe and assist our small team of psychologists and therapists during group therapy sessions. Trainees may attend didactics and group supervision meetings. Trainees also help with program evaluation and community outreach projects at Seesaw.
- Only highly motivated students who are interested in pursuing graduate school in clinical/counseling/school psychology may apply. Sophomores to Seniors are highly encouraged to apply.
- Must be Mac and tech savvy.
- Passionate about psychology.
- At least 2 years experience working with young people (e.g., tutoring, camp counseling, caregiving, teaching assistant). Familiarity with individuals with exceptionalities (e.g., autism spectrum, learning disorders, LGBTQ, multicultural families).
- Strengths in social emotional skills and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong work ethic. Flexible and adaptable. Open to feedback.
Please share with us:
- Why Seesaw? What’s unique about our offerings and traineeship?
- How did you become interested in psychology?
- Are you interested working in San Francisco or Burlingame?
- Do you have a Mac? Do you have experience with Pages, Numbers, Calendar, Messages, Drive? Are you tech savvy?
Given the description, if you see yourself as a good fit, please send your resume and cover letter to info[at]seesaw.co
We look forward to learning more about you!