Clinic Practicum Student
Our Clinical Psychology Practicum experience is designed for highly motivated students who are studying psychology at university and/or in the process of applying to graduate school.
We offer practicum training to students at our San Francisco and Peninsula studios.
The commitment is 5-10 hours per week for 8-12 months. Practicum students engage in a variety of clinical activities. They observe and assist our clinicians and therapists during social emotional classes. They may observe and assist during assessment and treatment activities. Trainees may opt to attend didactics and group supervision with staff. Trainees participate in program evaluation, community outreach, and quality improvement projects at Seesaw.
- Only highly motivated students who are interested in graduate school in clinical/counseling/school psychology may apply.
- Must be Mac and tech savvy.
- Passionate about psychology.
- At least 2 years experience working with young people (e.g., tutoring, camp counseling, caregiving, teaching assistant). Familiarity with individuals with exceptionalities (e.g., autism spectrum, gifted, learning disorders, LGBTQ, multicultural families).
- Strengths in social emotional skills and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong work ethic. Flexible and adaptable. Open to feedback.
- Bilingual in Mandarin or Spanish is a plus.
Please share with us:
- Why Seesaw? What’s unique about our offerings and traineeship?
- How did you become interested in psychology?
- Are you interested working with our team in SF, Burlingame, or East Bay?
- Do you have a Mac? Are you tech savvy?
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to info[at]seesaw.co
We look forward to hearing from you!